Thursday, February 26, 2009

120 sticks of butter...gone!


Oh, food...FOOD! Real food sounds great right about now. Mmmm...there's just nothing like a giant salad, or a piece of grilled chicken, or...and I digress.

As most of you know, I have been on a weight loss journey. I'm in a special program through my doctor's office to get my weight under control. It involves only consuming 800-900 calories per day, drinking a lot of water, taking a vitamin, and exercising quite a bit. For the first 12 weeks of the program, I can only eat what I purchase from the Dr's office. During weeks 13-17, I'll be able to incorporate some real food back into my diet.

It's certainly been tough but needed! Last night marked my half-way point in the program and I have lost 30 lbs! Or, 120 sticks of butter. I like to think of it that way because as much as I like butter on my food, it sounds gross, greasy, and oily by itself. So, my weight loss journey will always be marked in sticks of butter. (For those of you who aren't very good at math, just note you'll have to take the # of sticks of butter and divide by 4 to figure out how much weight I've lost.)

I'm sure I'll always struggle with this throughout my life...BUT I'm getting healthier, feeling better, and able to fit into some of those clothes that got pushed to the back of my closet! I encourage all of you who need to get healthier to do so! If I can do it, you can do it! Now, go enjoy that giant salad and piece of grilled chicken for me.

2 comments:

Jean said...

JEN!!! Great JOB!!! 120 sticks of butter is A LOT!!!

Real Life: Joy and Sorrow said...

YEAH!!!!! I'm sending you a HIGH FIVE! Amazing job!